About The Diploma in Yoga (Certification Programme)
Sri Krishna Wellness Yoga and Cultural Centre, Bangalore, in association with Krishnamacharya Yoga Mandiram (KYM) – Chennai conducts the best yoga teacher training certification course in India and Bangalore, which is the Internationally Renowned Diploma in Yoga - KYM Yoga Teacher Training Certification Course exclusively at Krishna Wellness, Yoga and Cultural Centre, Malleshwaram , Bangalore.
We proudly bring you Pure and Authentic Yoga with a strong lineage and Guru-Shishya Tradition to Bengaluru with the internationally renowned KYM Teacher Training Programme.
Interested? Register now for more information
Why do a Yoga Teacher Training Certification(TTC) ?
To go deeper into the study of yoga, becoming part of a reputed yoga teacher training program from a good institution with a sound lineage and pedigree will surely help you in your journey.
Career Opportunity with Flexibility
Getting the gold standard yoga teacher training certification from a credible well known yoga institution will surely be of great benefit to you, if you are a yoga teacher who wants to set up your own yoga school or center, or also expand your existing yoga centre and business.
Improve Your Own Yoga Practice
You have absolutely never practiced yoga before but want to understand yoga properly nd correctly before you begin practicing it. Then surely it will enrolling into a credible yoga teacher training certification program.
Right Yoga Teacher Training For You
Stand apart and being respected as a yoga teacher and yoga professional, and learn the techniques of yoga and the correct teaching methods properly, will surely make you stand apart from the flood of yoga teachers.
Registering with Yoga TTC program from a well known yoga institution helps you in becoming a respected yoga teacher and professional so you can teach yoga wherever you have the time without setting up a center, but by taking personalized classes wherever you want.
KYM-TTC Programme conducted by India's Premiere Yoga Institute -
Krishnamacharya Yoga Mandiram - Chennai
KYM is an ISO 9001 (2015) is India's premier Yoga Institute, and is a certified institution and a non-profit Public Charitable Trust recognized by the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Government of Tamil Nadu. KYM is also recognized by the Morarji Desai National Institute of Yoga (MDNIY), (the apex governing body of Yoga Centers in India), as one of the lead Yoga Institutes in India.
Krishnamacharya Yoga Mandiram has been accredited by the Ministry of Human Resource Development, AYUSH (ayurveda, yoga and naturopathy, unani, siddha and homoeopathy), and The Yoga Certification Board amongst the Best Top 10 Yoga Institutions in India.
An inspiration, A True Master, A Complete Teacher -
Shri T. Krishnamacharya – The Purna Yogacharya
Krishnamacharya Yoga Mandiram (KYM) was established by Shri TKV Desikachar , (Late Shri T. Krishnamacharya's son and long-time student) in 1976 as a non-profit Public Charitable Trust. His well – known disciples and students are Sri BKS Iyengar, Shri TKV Desikachar, and Madame Indra Devi.
- Late Shri T. Krishnamacharya is often called the Father of Modern Yoga and synonymous with contemporary yoga. He was unique in many ways as a Master of Yoga, as a teacher, as an Ayurvedic physician and as a scholar.
- Late Shri T. Krishnamacharya was the Yoga teacher to several Indian Maharajas and their families including the Maharaja of Mysore, Krishna Raja Wadiyar IV , The Maharaja of Jaipur and several others.
Diploma in Yoga
KYM Yoga Teacher Training Certification - Key Features
- All the senior, faculty, teachers, and trainers will be coming from KYM – Chennai as faculty for the course. The course consists of 3 semesters.
- During the 15 month period there will be continuous communication and mentoring by the KYM Teachers with the students.
- Personal Mentoring is a very important part of the Program to ensure that the Yoga Teachers are properly guided in order to become thoroughly proficient in teaching Yoga in the appropriate manner, and to ensure that the tradition is maintained and also that the science behind Yoga is properly understood.
- There will be a 3 day Internship and Observation Course which will be held at the 47 year old institution in Chennai. This will be an internship where the students get to practice and learn with the senior teachers of KYM – Chennai.
Inside the Diploma in Yoga
KYM Yoga Teacher Training Certification Programme
- Elements of Indian Cultural and its relation to Yoga
- Yoga Philosophy & Yoga Sutra – detailed study
- Principles and Techniques of Asana
- Principles and Techniques of Pranayama
- Principles and Techniques of Dhyana or Meditation Anatomy and Physiology
- Elements of Ayurveda and its relationship to Yoga
- Chanting - Healing Chants and Chants used for Asana, Pranayama and Dhyana Practice
- Course Planning – detailed study on how to plan classes or courses for Asana – basic and advanced Asanas, Pranayama and Dhyana Practice
- Practice teaching sessions for on-hand experience
- Details about other Yoga texts – Hatha Yoga Pradipika, Yoga Rahasya, and Bhagavat Gita and its relevance to Yoga
Diploma in Yoga - KYM Yoga Teacher Training Certification Programme (KYM-TTC) BATCH 2023 – 2024
Fill up the enquiry form to have us get in touch with you for complete course details on the Diploma in Yoga (KYM-TTC) The course will begin in June 2023 *
- Limited seats – we will be accepting only 20 applications.
- The course will be conducted at Sri Krishna Wellness Yoga Centre, Malleshwaram, Bangalore.
- Registrations and applications are currently open. *
Meet Our Faculty
Shri S. Sridharan
Trustee & Senior Mentor, KYM Chennai
Sri S Sridharan, Trustee, was part of MNC's national seminar on early intervention for exceptional children. He spoke about how Yoga is a tool that helps these children learn necessary skills for their productive living. He said that the focus of doing Yoga is to create body awareness and strengthening sense organs, among other things.
Dr. Latha Satish
Trustee & Senior Mentor, KYM Chennai
Dr.Latha Satish, having served in the Board for more than a decade, demitted the office of Trustees and has assumed the charges as Chairperson of KYM Research Council. She has been invited by the Ministry of AYUSH, Government of India, to speak at International Conference on Yoga for Public Healthcare. She will present a paper on Yoga for Mental Health.
Shri V Srinivasan
Executive Director, Yoga Therapist Consultant and Teacher Trainer, KYM Chennai
Shri V Srinivasan is the one of the senior faculty of the Krishnamacharya Yoga Mandiram (KYM). He had the rare blessings of learning under Yogacharya Shri T.K.V. Desikachar as a student of Teacher Training Program at KYM and learned the nuances of Yoga in theory and practice.
Smt. Nrithya Jagannathan
Senior Therapy Consultant and Head, KYM Media
Smt. Nrithya Jagannathan holds a Diploma in Yoga from KYM and has over 12 years of experience as a Yoga teacher and Yoga Therapy consultant at Krishnamacharya Yoga Mandiram.
Shri VM Janakiraman
Senior Yoga Mentor & Senior Yoga Teacher, KYM Chennai
Shri VM Janakiraman is a senior yoga Mentor with over 15 years of yoga experience. He is an expert not only in Asanas, but also in Yoga Therapy and in the diverse philosophy of Yoga. He has extensively taught all the aspects of Yoga to many International and Indian students. He has presented papers on Yoga at many International Seminars & workshops at India and abroad. Besides being an experienced Yoga Teacher he is also an expert in Vedic chanting.
Smt. Geetha Shankar
Director of Yoga Studies and Yoga Therapist Consultant and Teacher, KYM Chennai
Geetha Shankar, is the one of the senior most faculty of the Krishnamacharya Yoga Mandiram (KYM). She had the blessings of learning under Yogacharya Shri T.K.V. Desikachar and completed her Teacher Training about 20 years ago.
Smt. Nirmala Devi
Senior Yoga Teacher, KYM Chennai
Smt. Nirmala Devi has been with Krishnamacharya Yoga Mandiram for more than fifteen years and is an expert in Yogasana Classical Techniques especially in Classical Vinyasa. She possesses degree in science and education followed by Post graduation in Yoga besides completing Yoga Teachers Training from KYM. Besides being a great practitioner, she is also an expert Yoga Therapy teacher and provides Yoga Therapy to care seekers who visit KYM for their health needs.
Smt. Geetha Sateesh
Yoga Teacher, KYM Chennai
Smt. Geetha Sateesh, is a yoga instructor, yoga teacher and yoga therapist trained with Krishnamacharya Yoga Mandiram and has been with KYM as a yoga teacher for more than seven years and is an expert in Classical Yogasana techniques especially in Classical Vinyasa in teaching, demonstration and examining. . She holds Post Graduate Diploma in Yoga, Teacher Training Program, Yoga Therapist Training Certificate and MSc in Botany and a Diploma in Nutrition & Dietetics.
Smt. Sangeetha Kannan
Senior Yoga Teacher, KYM Chennai
She came to the Mandiram with no knowledge of Yoga and my experience here made her want to pursue this for life. Her first memory of KYM is that of hearing Sir's chant; She was very mesmerised by his voice. There has been no turning back since then.
Smt. Poornima Kavlekar
Yoga Teacher, KYM Chennai
Smt. Poornima Kavlekar, a yoga practitioner, fitness expert and a writer for more than ten years, has been with Krishnamacharya Yoga Mandiram as a yoga teacher for more than three years and is an expert in Classical Yogasana techniques especially in Classical Vinyasa. She holds a professional Degree in business journalism and a Post Graduate Diploma in Yoga.
Ms. Mimi Partha Sarathy
Founder Senior Yoga Teacher and Managing Trustee of Sri Krishna Wellness, Yoga and Cultural Centre
Born and brought up in the beautiful city of Bangalore hailing from a family which has always loved and supported Indian Art and Culture, Mimi set up Sri Krishna Wellness, Yoga and Cultural Centre with a vision to promote and preserve the rich heritage of Indian Dance, Music Art and Culture. With a strong educational background in Finance, Marketing and Accounting as well as being a well-known classical Bharatnatyam Dancer and Senior Yoga Teacher.
Testimonials from Participants
Ms. Sunitha Govindaiah
KYM TTC Student
"The kind of in depth knowledge I'm able to grasp from this training, this not only talks about asanas, it talks about yoga sutras, it talks about how you can be a better person."
KYM TTC Student
"I'm finding out how in depth yoga really is and how much more there is to it. Teachers are excellent, very in depth, very patient, very knowledgeable."
Mr. Dinesh Chengappa
KYM TTC Student
"I would recommend people who are very interested to take this as a profession or people who want to know more about yoga apart from the physical aspects, this is the right place. "
Batch 5 - 2023 - 2024
1) What is the KYM SKWC yoga teacher training programme course?
This is a course for beginners, yoga enthusiasts, yoga practitioners and teachers who wish to know and understand correctly how to learn, practice and teach yoga the right way and to train aspiring Yoga teachers in the Classical, Traditional and Authentic Yoga in Bangalore.
2) Who can apply for this course?
Anyone who is interested in learning correctly, how to practice for themselves or to teach yoga and make a great career of this, the right way and to understand correctly Classical, Traditional and Authentic Yoga from the best teachers in the country and from one of the Leading Yoga Institutions in India – i.e. KYM , can join this course.
This course is also for beginners on yoga so they learn and understand yoga correctly and properly for their own self practice. Also not all people who attend this course become teachers. Many people do this course to better understand yoga for themselves. Surely this course is for Yoga teachers but also for yoga practitioners also .
3) When will the admission start?
The admissions for the batch 2023 – 2024 are now open.4) How many batches have graduated with this program till now?
Four batches of the KYM teacher training course have been completed successfully as of today.
What is Unique about the KYM YTTP Program at Sri Krishna Wellness Yoga Centre, Bangalore?
- The renowned KYM Yoga Teacher Training Program (YTTP) is only conducted at the main Chennai headquarters. But for Bangalore residents it is conducted exclusively only at Sri Krishna Wellness Yoga Centre, Malleshwaram, Bangalore.
- All the senior yoga teachers and mentors from KYM Chennai are faculty for this program in Bangalore. They come every weekend from Chennai to teach this course.
- The course is planned only over weekends so it is convenient for working professionals also to add on this Diploma in Yoga for their career growth.
- You can also practice your daily yoga at the centre or online with the Yoga classes conducted by the senior teachers of Sri Krishna Wellness Yoga Centre
- You will become part of the Alumni of KYM and Sri Krishna Wellness Yoga Centre and to get the best of Yoga careers.
- Since this certification from KYM – Chennai is a gold standard in all Yoga certificates, bBeing a certified KYM yoga teacher is a gateway to many career opportunities as an accredited and valued teacher in India as well as globally.
5) Who is Late Sri T Krishnamacharya?
- He is known as the The Purna Yogacharya - A True Master, A Complete Teacher – pls google his name and check
- He was Born on 18th November, 1888 and passed away on 28th February, 1989
- His well – known disciples and students are Sri BKS Iyengar – Iyengar Yoga, Sri Pattabi Jois – Astanga Yoga – Mysore, Shri TKV Desikachar – his son who founded KYM – Chennai in 1976, and Madame Indra Devi who spread Yoga to the USA and the reason it is such a big rage in the US now.
- Late Shri T. Krishnamacharya is often called the Father of Modern Yoga and synonymous with contemporary yoga
- He is considered one of the most important masters who revived the practice of yoga in the early 20th century
- Late Shri T. Krishnamacharya was the Yoga teacher to several Indian Maharajas and their families including the Maharaja of Mysore, Krishna Raja Wadiyar IV, The Maharaja of Jaipur and several others.
6) When and who founded KYM – Chennai?
- Krishnamacharya Yoga Mandiram was established in 1976, - 45 years ago , by T Krishnamacharya’s son and long-time student TKV Desikachar o carry forward the invaluable teachings of his father T Krishnamacharya.
- TKV Desikachar was a great yoga therapist and diagnostic and these skills were legendary
- He is known even today for creating the representational stick figures in Yoga that are so widely used by students and teachers of yoga the world over , thanks to him strong backgound
- and education as an engineer also.
- TKV Desikachar’s landmark book, “The Heart of Yoga,” till today remains a bestseller as a comprehensive reference book for all yoga enthusiasts and pracitioners.
7) What is KYM – Chennai? More Details?
- Krishnamacharya Yoga Mandiram - KYM has been certified and accredited as the leading Yoga Institute in India by the Yoga certification Board, Ministry of AYUSH, Government of India.
- Krishnamacharya Yoga Mandiram - KYM is an ISO 9001 (2015) and is India's premier Yoga Institute.
- KYM has been accredited by the Ministry of AYUSH and The Yoga Certification Board amongst the Best Top 10 Yoga Institutions in India – 2019.
- Please google and check kym.org
8) When was Sri Krishna Wellness center founded?
Sri Krishna Wellness, Yoga & Cultural Centre was founded in January 2014, 7 years ago , by Ms. Mimi Partha Sarathy to promote the rich heritage of Indian Art, Culture, and Yoga.
9) What is the core objective of the teacher training course?
The core objective of the successful exclusive association between Krishnamacharya Yoga Mandiram (KYM)-Chennai and Sri Krishna Wellness, Yoga and Cultural Centre now for over 7 years, is to train aspiring Yoga teachers in Classical, Traditional and Authentic Yoga in Bangalore.
10) When will the teacher training course begin?
The KYM SKWC Yoga YTTP Course begins in June 2023 and will end in August 2024 – 15 months.
11) What is the duration of the course?
The duration of the course will be for 15 months and approximately 900 hours plus. plus of immersive study, with 470+ direct contact hours and over 440 hours of indirect and application-based learning, with a syllabus approved by the KYM Academic Council and the Board of Studies, KYM, in accordance with the teachings of Sri T Krishnamacharya and Sri TKV Desikachar.
12) How is the course divided?
- The course consists of 3 semesters
- Semester 1– June 2023 to October 2023*
- Semester 2 – October 2023- March 2024*
- Semester 3– March 2024 - August 2024*
- *tentative dates
13) What will be the mode of teaching for this course?
The teaching form for this course will be in person . Classes will be held at Sri Krishna Wellness, Yoga and Cultural Centre, Malleshwaram, Bangalore. Only certain exceptions will be made in case teachers are not available.
14) Who is the faculty for this course?
We are honored that ALL the senior faculty, teachers, and trainers will be coming from KYM – Chennai as faculty for the course. Find more details of the faculty by clicking on the below link.
PL CHECK OUR WEBSITE WITH THE TEACHERS IN THE TEACHER TRAINING PROGRAM PAGE OF OUR SITE
15) What will be the main focus of the teacher training course?
- To ensure that the Yoga Teachers are properly guided
- To become thoroughly proficient in practicing or teaching yoga appropriately since not all people who attend this course become teachers. Many people do this course to better understand yoga for themselves.
- To ensure that the tradition is maintained
- To make sure the science behind Yoga is properly understood.
16) What will be the timings for this course?
For everyone’s convenience, the classes will be held only on weekends
Saturday - 8.00 AM to 1.30 PM
Sunday - 8.00 AM to 1.30 PM
There will be a 30 minute break on each day.
17) What are the other free sessions to practice yoga at / with Sri Krishna Wellness Yoga Centre?
- Free Offline Yoga Session – (depending on the Covid 19 situation) - Monday to Friday - Timings: Morning – 6:00 AM to 10:30 AM; Evening 5 PM to 8 PM
- OR Free ONLINE Yoga Practice Sessionsconducted by Senior Teachers of Sri Krishna Wellness Yoga Centre - Timings: Morning – 6:00 AM to 8.00 AM; 10.30 am to 11.30 am. And Evening 6 PM to 8 PM
Please note - Your Yoga practice will be based on the mentor sessions in the KYM tradition.
18) What is the Internship which will happen during the course ?
There will be a 3 days Internship and Observation Course which will be held at the 47-year-old institution in Chennai in 2024, closer to the end of the second semester. This will be an internship where the students get to practice teaching along with the senior teachers of KYM – Chennai. Please note that attendance for this internship is mandatory for certification.
19) What will you learn from this KYM SKWC YTTP course?
The key learning for this course includes the following
- Yoga Philosophy
- Elements of Indian Culture
- Theory of Asanas
- Principles and Techniques of Asana, Pranayama and Dhyanam
- Anatomy and Physiology
- Asana Modification & Intensification
- Elements of Ayurveda
- Chanting - Healing and Yoga Sutra
- Classical Texts and Yoga (includes Bhagvad Gita, Yoga Rahasya, Hathayogapradipika)
- Course Planning and Teaching Methodology
20) How many seats are available for the KYM SKWC YTTP course?
Only 20 seats are available.
21) What is the last date for admission KYM SKWC YTTP course – Batch 2021 - 2022?
Registrations close on June 1st, 2023.
22) Why to choose Sri Krishna Wellness Yoga Centre – Bangalore for this course?
Sri Krishna Wellness is the best yoga institute in Bangalore and the KYM SKWC is conducted exclusively, for Bangalore residents , ONLY at this Centre.
23) What is unique about this Yoga Teacher Training Programme?
- The KYM SKWC YTTP Programme has been accredited and aligned with the “Yoga Teacher & Evaluator” Course under the Yoga Certification Board, Ministry of AYUSH*
- The KYM SKWC YTTP Program has been accredited as the ‘Advanced Certificate Course in Yoga’ under the Indian Yoga Association (IYA, India).’
24) How do we apply for the “Yoga Teacher & Evaluator” Course under the Yoga Certification Board, Ministry of AYUSH*
- Yoga Professional aspiring to be certified has to fill online application form along with requisite information on YCB website.
- Broad process - The applicant for all levels of certification has to apply for assessment as follows in two stages: -
- Stage 1: Enrolment with Yoga Certification Board (YCB) and –
- Stage 2: Application for assessment.
- Students of YCB accredited Leading Yoga Institutions i.e KYM – Chennai shall submit application form on the YCB website but can do the same through their respective Institutions i.e KYM Chennai.
- You can check on the YCB site for more details also .
- We will share more details on this once your confirm your participation in the programme.
25) What is the “Yoga Teacher & Evaluator” Course under the Yoga Certification Board, Ministry of AYUSH*?
- Level 3 (Yoga Teacher & Evaluator) - III Yoga Teacher & Evaluator Master Trainers in Yoga educational Institutions, Yoga training Courses and training programs is one of the highest levels in yoga education, accredited and recognized by the ministry of Ayush.
- He or she can also act as Evaluator and assessor of Yoga professionals and can teach in studios, institutions, colleges/ universities / institutions of higher learning. Equivalent to 800 hours of Yoga course 46 credits
26) Whom should I contact for more details?
Please Call Miss Sujatha at 9900518000 or email us at email@example.com
27) How to get regular updates from Sri Krishna Wellness Yoga Centre?
Follow our social media handle
28) What are the other courses offered by Sri Krishna Wellness Yoga Centre?
We offer daily yoga classes – at the centre and online , pranayama and meditation classes, personalized classes and many more classes. Please visit www.krishnawellness.com for more details.’
Where are we located?
Sri Krishna Wellness Yoga & Cultural Centre, Srinivasam, No.20, 9th Cross. 6th Main, Malleshwaram, Bengaluru – 560003