March 10, 2021 |
Read Time: 3 minutes
The world around us is rapidly changing. While big screens paint a bleak picture of the world today, social media bombards us with cinematic pictures of a dream future.
We carry mountains of stress with us everywhere we go, be it at school or the workplace, leading to a lot of health issues and diseases. This fast-paced world demands much from us and can leave us mentally drained. If the pandemic has taught us anything, it is that our health is of utmost importance and we need to invest in it. Both physical and mental health is equally important and needs our attention.
One of the most effective ways to take care of both body and mind is through exercise. And yoga does exactly that. Yoga is not just a form of exercise but a set of ancient scientific practices that align the body and mind. Regular yoga practice works simultaneously on both the body and mind.
Here are 5 ways your mind will benefit from regular yoga practice.
- Release stress – Stress is one of the biggest causes of lifestyle-related diseases in the world today. It builds up through the day, a little bit at a time. If the stress is not released from the body and mind, it begins to manifest as aches and pains in the body. Regular asana, meditation, and pranayama help release the stress from both body and mind. A relaxed, quiet mind can manage stressful situations effectively, leading to better life choices.
- Reduces anxiety –Anxiety disorders are rising each year, especially among the urban population. Pranayama and meditation practiced during a yoga session have been proven to lower anxiety levels, making yoga an effective supportive treatment for medication for anxiety. Yoga is also known to alleviate and manage symptoms of depression.
- Mental clarity – With lower stress and anxiety levels, your mind can now sift through the thoughts and focus on the ones that need attention. Solutions to your problems will come more easily, and what was once proving challenging will be resolved with ease.
- Focus – When the mind is no longer buzzing with thoughts, attention can be directed towards resolving pressing issues. Special mediation practices are designed to train the mind to focus for a long period of time. With this, finding solutions becomes effortless.
- Increased productivity – Productivity is one of the major causes of stress among the working class. With regular and dedicated yoga practice, the body and mind work together efficiently. Awareness, mindfulness, and focus will become second nature.
Invest in your own health this year. Take the step towards a healthier, happier you.