June 7, 2021 |
Read Time: 7 minutes
The Covid crisis has hit the world so badly that everyone has forgotten how normal life used to be. When we were leading a normal life before the COVID-19 pandemic none of us thought that we were living the best part of our life. While the world is still battling the fight and taking the major precautions as advised by the experts we need to make ourselves strong from the inside so that we don’t get affected.
Even if someone has been affected by this deadly virus what is most important is to keep ourselves calm along with proper medication and other things like isolation, social distancing, etc. Experts from worldwide have recommended that apart from maintaining social distance, wearing a mask, washing hands frequently the other most important things are to eat nutritious food and exercise. When it comes to exercise yoga has proved to be the best of all since ancient times.
Yoga is like an overall package that includes yoga asanas, poses, breathing exercises, cardio, meditation that will work wonders on our physical and mental health both of which are most required during these tough times.
Why is yoga best during COVID 19?
As mentioned, experts recommend doing exercise to make ourselves fit and make our immunity strong during this pandemic situation. It becomes a little difficult as the situation is such that neither we can go for a run outside nor can we hit the gyms. Hence yoga remains the best option that can be practiced even at our homes. According to the reports and research, it is seen that people with weak immunity were at higher risk hence it becomes very important to make our immunity stronger and better.
What causes weaker immunity?
There are many reasons for weaker immunity such as poor nutrition, lack of sleep, stress, and some habits like smoking and drinking. What happens if you have weaker immunity? You fall sick more frequently like you will get cold more often and you won’t recover soon if you fall sick.
As the famous quote says ‘Prevention is better than cure’ it is better if we take out some time from our routine and pull out our yoga mats and start practicing yoga to increase immunity. Yoga contains yoga poses that will help us maintain a healthy body, improves our immunity. Yoga includes meditation that brings a lot of positivity, yoga includes breathing exercises that increase the level of oxygen in our body again which is most important during COVID 19.
Let us know which are the yoga poses that help us to increase our immunity
- Anulom vilom Pranayama: Anulom vilom is a breathing technique that has many advantages. It supplies oxygen and removes the toxin from the body. This breathing technique improves immunity, respiratory. It helps in relieving all the stress and relaxes our minds. It also improves sleep quality and helps in reducing high blood pressure. Other than this there are other breathing techniques such as deep breath, bhastrika that will also help in increasing immunity.
- Meditation or Dhyana: Yoga includes meditation that helps us to stay focussed and improves our concentration. With the constant news we hear today about the covid cases increasing be it a newspaper, tv, or social media it creates fear in our mind that leads to anxiety. Meditation with chanting ‘OM’ helps us to stay away from any negative thoughts. It is important in this time to sit idle for few minutes and try to calm ourselves.
- Trikonasana or Triangle pose: It strengthens the shoulders, chest, core, and legs. This yoga asana stretches the body completely and improves blood circulation. It is one of the best yoga poses to increase immunity and for the overall body. It reduces any pain in the shoulders and reduces anxiety. Hold in Trikonasana position for 30 seconds and repeat 3 times on every leg. Remember to take deep breaths when you practice this asana.
- Bhujangasana or cobra pose: This pose strengthens the spine, butt, chest, abdomen, shoulders, lungs. It improves blood circulation in the overall body and also helps in releasing stress. Hold this pose for 15- 30 seconds and breathe normally as you do. This asana is great for asthma patients or anyone who has breathing problems. Remember not to practice this asana during an asthma attack. This asana also helps in increasing energy and in elevating mood.
- Matsyasana or fish pose: This asana stretches the chest, neck, abs, hips flexors This pose stimulates the thyroid gland and improves immunity. It also helps in removing toxins from our digestive system. Hold the pose for a minimum of 30-60 seconds and breathe normally as you do. Although this pose releases any tension in the neck, shoulders it must be performed under supervision. This pose is meant to stimulate two important areas of the body one is the throat chakra and the other is the crown chakra.
Apart from the above-mentioned yoga asanas, there are other yoga poses that help in increasing immunity such as Paschimottanasana, Vrikshasana, Shishuasana, Dhanurasana, etc. Start practicing yoga today by joining Sri Krishna Wellness online yoga classes and let us win this battle against the coronavirus by taking care of ourselves and everyone around us by improving our immunity