May 20, 2021 |
Read Time: 6 minutes
Yoga is a blessing to mankind. We can’t thank our ancestors enough for having invented yoga as countless people have benefitted from it and have transformed into a better person mentally and physically. Yoga is not just any other form of exercise, it is a culture by itself if followed with true dedication.
The journey of yoga is so beautiful that once started you become unstoppable. There is always an excitement to learn new poses, asanas and to explore more about them. Yoga has asanas or poses that are effective for the entire body.
A few of the yoga benefits are as follows:
- Improves flexibility
- Builds muscle strength
- Improves your posture
- Increases the blood flow
- Your blood pressure is maintained
- Increases immunity / Boosts metabolism
- Regulates the adrenal glands
- Keeps you happier/ brings peace of mind
- Lowers blood sugar levels
- Improves concentration and maintains your nervous system
Apart from the above benefits, there are several other advantages of practicing yoga in daily life. Yoga has some particular asanas or poses that are effective on particular parts of the body for example if you are having any issues like neck pain, joint pain, back pain, etc you can just practice a few particular asanas that will relieve you from the pain you are suffering and one such common aspect most of the people expect from yogas or any form of exercises is weight loss. Weight loss from yoga is possible with proper guidance, dedication, and hard work. What makes yoga great is that it can be practiced by anyone. One of the myths about yoga is that it is difficult to perform, which is not true. Yoga has some basic poses or asanas that even beginners can practice with ease. Keep reading below to know the weight loss yoga for beginners and the asanas that can help in weight loss.
- Surya Namaskaram/Sun Salutation: Surya Namaskaram has 12 poses that focus on every part of the body. It includes some stretching poses that will strengthen your muscles, improves blood circulation. It also improves the metabolism hence keeping you active throughout the day which in turn helps in weight loss. This ‘ultimate asana’ is like a package for a healthier body and is a perfect weight loss yoga asana.
- Virabhadrasana/Warrior Pose: This yoga pose is easy and will help in toning thighs and shoulders. This particular weight loss yoga pose helps to maintain a straight posture that will provide a great impact on the abdominal area and thus helping you to reduce belly fat. The warrior pose helps in increasing stamina as well.
- Trikonasana/Triangle pose: This weight loss yoga exercise helps to improve digestion and stretches the muscles. Builds more muscles in the thighs and hamstrings and helps you burn more fat around the waist. This yoga pose is very easy to perform and one can do it anywhere without any preparation. Apart from burning fat, this yoga asana loosens up the muscles and joints of the entire body.
- Bhujangasana/Cobra Pose: The cobra pose is the best yoga for weight loss as it targets the abdominal region. This pose is also included in Surya namaskar. Apart from weight loss, it improves digestion and blood circulation in the body and also regulates the menstrual cycle in women.
- Adho Mukha Svanasana/Downward Dog Pose: If you are a beginner you cannot master this weight loss yoga asana immediately it needs practice. This asana mainly stretches the spine and improves the posture of your body. It removes the extra weight from the shoulders, chest, and upper back.
Note that not all weight loss yoga exercises are recommended to everyone for example as this pose puts more pressure on the abdominal region it must not be performed by pregnant women or people who have spondylitis. If you are having any health issues and want to practice it is better to have a session with the yoga expert so that they will recommend which yoga poses work best for you.
As you know now that apart from weight loss each yoga exercise or asana brings other benefits too, start practicing yoga today and take a step closer to a healthy lifestyle. Not only the above-mentioned weight loss yoga exercises are beneficial but there are other yoga poses too that come under advanced yoga. People who are familiar with basic yoga can definitely try those for example the upward plank, the camel pose, the wheel pose, the shoulder stand, the fish pose, etc.
If you are looking out for weight loss yoga exercises join Sri Krishna Wellness Yoga Centre that is one of the best yoga institutes in Bangalore. We conduct daily online yoga classes just for your convenience. We have expert yoga teachers who will help you shed those extra kilos.