June 1, 2021 |
Read Time: 7 minutes
Kickstarting your day with a healthy routine is the most essential thing to do for a better lifestyle. For most of them, it must be difficult to wake up early in the morning but once you start you won’t look back at your old routine. The reason is as you wake up early in the morning you feel fresh, energized, and get a lot of positivity.
The main reason why few people cannot wake up in the morning is that they would not have got enough sleep of minimum of 6-7 hours which is usually recommended and hence lack of sleep leads to many other things like waking up with swollen eyes, dark circles, headaches, body pain, dizziness, and the list goes on which in turn makes unfocussed throughout the day. If you are looking for a healthy lifestyle it is important to have discipline in life to manage multiple things in our routine and sleeping & waking up early with a healthy routine must be given utmost importance. A healthy routine in the morning includes many things but yoga stands on the top of the list.
Yoga is an ancient form of exercise and is popular worldwide. Although yoga was invented in India it is adopted today by most western countries and that makes us super proud. What makes yoga unique is that unlike other exercises that will leave stretch marks on the body if you are gaining or losing weight yoga can be practiced by anyone and has absolutely no side effects on the body even if you had to leave the practice for a few months due to some unfortunate circumstances. Apart from this yoga, not only has the power to make you fit physically but it also helps in relaxing your mind.
Why is yoga the best thing in the morning?
- Clears the mind: Yoga includes breathing exercises and meditation that help you calm your mind and stop any kind of negative thoughts that might ruin your day. Yoga brings you peace of mind with which you will be clear, positive, and focused the entire day.
- Boost your metabolism: If you are someone who is looking to maintain a healthy body weight yoga can work wonders for you. Yoga includes asanas and cardio both practicing which can make you active and cheerful throughout the day. It also helps to get rid of bloating that you might feel because of the previous night’s dinner.
- Relieves from any kind of pain: Yoga is considered a boon in treating different kinds of ailments. Yoga can be practiced if someone has any issues like back pain, neck pain, knee pain, or thyroid issues, especially for women. There are specific asanas that can relieve you from the pain but needs to be done under an expert’s supervision.
- Builds immunity: The kind of food people are having today and the lifestyle they adopt leads to a lot of stress that in turn leads to sickness very often hence it is important to have strong immunity so that we are not affected by any kind of bacteria or viruses. Practicing yoga strengthens our immunity.
When yoga can bring so many health benefits and waking up a little early and some effort are all it takes then practicing yoga is totally worth it.
Here are some easy morning yoga poses that will charge you for the entire day.
- Surya Namaskar: Surya namaskar or sun salutation as the name itself suggests is offering a salute to the sun god and nothing better than this is required for you to start off your day. Surya namaskar itself contains 12 different postures each of which has its own benefit on the body. Doing this will help you to tone your overall body.
- Chair pose /Utkatasana: To do the chair pose, bend your knees, keeping your thighs and knees parallel to each other and your hands parallel to the ground. Now all you have to do is sit on an imaginary chair. Hold for 30 seconds to 1 minute. It tones the thighs, ankle, leg muscles and also strengthens the lower back and torso.
- Downward facing dog: Also called Adho Mukha Svanasana this is also a part of Surya namaskar and if done separately also works wonders for the entire body. It is stretching that loosens all the muscles and makes us flexible. To do this begin with your hands and knees, Align your wrists under the shoulder and your knees under the hips, stretch your elbows by relaxing your upper back. Make sure your weight is evenly distributed across your hands and slowly lift your knees off the floor and bring parallel to the ankles. Bring your shoulder blades toward your tailbone and keep your head between your arms.
- Triangle pose ortrikonasana: To do this Begin standing with your feet apart to a wide position. Turn your left foot out and turn to face that direction. Take a slight bend in your left leg and raise your arms out on your sides. Straighten through your left leg, then hinge and reach your torso over your left leg as your hips jut back. Maintain a long, straight spine as you reach your left hand to the mat, placing it in front of your left foot Gaze towards your right arm, which should be extended overhead. Hold and repeat on the other side. This pose strengthens the leg, hamstrings, and hips. It also improves the overall balance of the body.
Apart from these many other yoga poses can be practiced that are easy and bring several benefits. Start your healthy routine by joining the yoga classes of Sri Krishna Wellness Yoga Centre that is one of the best yoga studios in Bangalore.